Pages

Saturday 13 September 2014

OWOP 2014 - Roundup

Thank you so much to Jane for hosting this year's OWOP, I have thoroughly enjoyed my week of wearing my NewLook 6808 blouses and I was so happy to make a new one which had been planned for so long.  I do sometimes feel like I need a kick up the backside to get round to doing stuff!!

So, here are my photos (I'm sorry, they were all taken on my phone so they aren't great!):


Day 1: My Liberty top made with fabric I won in a giveaway but with the collar removed.  I wear this top at least once a week anyway so I though I would start with it.

Day 2: The same top for a lazy Sunday dog walking, cleaning and mooching.

Day 3: My favourite top with my new skirt which I made in 15 minutes from conception to wearing the night before.  I love it!!


Day 5: A newly completed 6808 using old shirts (I have just been donated another pile of shirts by my Dad after he saw what I did with this one - result!)

Day 6: Back to my favourite nautical top and my favourite outfit

Day 7: The shirt version worn a vintage pattern skirt


So, how do I feel about the pattern and the challenge?


  • I still love this pattern but looking at the fit I can see I need to make some changes which I hadn't noticed before.  There will be more of these tops in my future so I will spend some time making sure the fit is right.
  • I never accessorise!  I don't know why, I know I used to when I had an office job.  I don't have a lot of storage for accessories at the moment so I guess I never see them when I'm getting dressed.  
  • I love my blue skirt and I really want to copy it before it gets worn out.  I'm going to miss it when it gets a bit colder.
I have enjoyed this challenge so much and I am glad I chose this pattern.  Thank you again to Jane for organising it!









12 comments:

  1. The nautical outfit is my favourite too. Such lovely colours throughout x
    I enjoyed my first OWOP x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun too, a bit like a very short me made month!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part! Great week of tops, the whole nautical outfit on day 6 is definitely my favourite! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Thank you for hosting, it's been a blast!

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing your outfits throughout the week, your spotty top and nautical outfit were amazing and I'm hoping Santa might bring me some Liberty trainers if I'm good! (have a serious case of shoe envy there! ��) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! I'll have a word with Santa for you, see if he can bring me some nice boots while he's at it!

      Delete
  4. You looked great and didn't need any accessories other than those great sunglasses! As well as your nautical outfit, I would gladly steal that yellow cardi off your back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked sooo ace in all these blouses! From where I'm sitting the fit looks wonderful. BTW I know I totally owe you an email. I started one ages ago but it's all out of date now! Umm, also, have you seen your namesake cardi? You should totally make this: http://sewingmuse.com/products/jenna-cardi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WON THAT CARDI IN A GIVEAWAY!!!! Oh my word, it is about 2nd on my list of things to sew at the moment (got a costume for school first - she's only been there 2 weeks!!) xxxx

      Delete
  6. Found your blog through Handmade Jane and I live it! Really adore the sailor collar, and so many good combos with this pattern, very inspiring! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the sailor collar too and would really like another one but is there a limit on how many sailor collars you can have in your wardrobe?!

      Delete